FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are your class sizes?
- The number of students per class varies across year groups, with our
capacity being 24 students per class.
- What are the nationalities of your teachers?
- A high proportion of our teaching staff come from the United Kingdom,
Ireland and other English speaking countries. We also employ teachers from other countries who
teach languages, including Arabic and French.
- Do you take students with limited English proficiency?
- Yes, we have students who join us with low levels of English. All students
applying to study at Dubai Heights Academy must undergo a formal assessment prior to joining the
school, which helps us to understand their proficiency in English. Our experienced academic team
will then be able to detect any additional requirements; such as in-class support and
differentiation, along with some targeted interventions.
- Do you offer after school activities?
- Yes, we have extracurricular activities (ECAs) that run for an hour every
day after school. ECA options vary throughout each term as we strive to provide students with
the chance to experience new and exciting activities throughout the school year. All activities
are available on campus and are led for free by our own staff members; however any that require
an external provider may incur additional costs.
- Do you have payment plans?
- Yes, our school fees can be paid annually, termly or monthly, based on what
is most convenient for you. Our Finance team will be happy to guide you through the many payment
plans we have to offer.
- What are your school timings?
- All students are expected to arrive at school at 7:55am each morning. From
Monday-Thursday, Foundation Stage 1 and 2 students end the school day at 2:15pm (with the option
for FS1 students to be picked up early at 1pm), while students in all other year groups finish
at 3:30pm. On Fridays all students finish at 11:30am. We also offer optional afterschool ECAs
for an additional hour from Monday - Thursday and a Multisports Club every Friday until 2:30pm.
- Do you offer a school bus service?
- Yes, we offer single and return bus services through an external provider,
Maverick, for a fixed annual rate of AED 8,500. Enquiries regarding bus pick-up and drop-off
zones can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you offer school lunches?
- We offer a pre-order based snack and lunch catering system, where parents
can order meals in advance for the week ahead from a wide range of healthy menu options.
- Are you affiliated with any other schools?
- No, Dubai Heights Academy is an independent school with one campus located
in Al Barsha South, Dubai.